Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Travels


The pools are closed, the tourists are gone and the humidity has headed south, which means we can find our entertainment in the District once again. Asher and I have a goal of getting into the District to see or do something every Tuesday this fall. It's our only free day, so we must take advantage.
Today, Asher and I did the National Zoo...round 2. He spent a lot of time watching the giant pandas play and the elephants eat and the hippos swim and seemed to have a great time, but when I asked him his favorite part of the day, he enthusiastically offered, "TRAIN RIDE!" He has also been feeding all of his Thomas trains since our trip, much like the zookeeper fed the animals.

Watching the animals, I couldn't get over how similar they are to us. The elephants had a huge living area, but the baby elephant was under his mother's feet the entire time. Meanwhile the papa elephant spent most of his time on the other side of the compound, checking out the other elephants. But if we were an elephant family, Ed would be the elephant in the corner reading the newspaper or taking a nap, not checking out the hot female elephants.
I think I'm going to like Tuesdays in the District with Asher. Time feels so fleeting with my little people right now. In a couple of years, both boys will be in school all day long and I will probably be back in the workforce fulltime.

No comments: