Monday, November 28, 2011

holidays


Well, we survived the fall holidays! Halloween went per usual, albeit with some leftover snow on the ground. I dressed up Noe as a soccer player, so he could trick-or-treat without the trauma of wearing a costume. Asher was a "road map." We found the idea online. Asher loved it and I loved the price ($5 spent) and how easy it was to put together. Plus, I used reflective tape for the "road" which means I could spot Asher instantly amongst the Halloween crowds once the sun went down. Homemade Halloween costumes are the best, even if mine never look very impressive!

And yes, miraculously, for the eighth Halloween in a row.... Easy Ed had to work and I got stuck on Halloween duty sin ayuda.


Here is Noe getting into the spirit of the holiday, happily signing "candy."


We celebrated our traditional Reston Thanksgiving, which ..... as long as I don't think about my family in Portland celebrating together....I have come to enjoy. First, we start the morning with a service project. The community center across the street from our house holds a project each year which involves sorting and loading food donations for area food pantries. It is a lot of fun to help and even the kiddos can participate. Next, we ice skate at the Reston Town Center Pavilion. Finally, we sit down and eat our meal. I made everything, minus the pies, and it was pretty darn good. I was commenting to Easy Ed that my Thanksgiving meal cooking skills star has risen dramatically since our first couple of holidays on the East Coast. He barely acknowledged my comment between bites, which I'll take as a good sign.

Note clock: One hour and counting until Ed has to leave for work. But we still had a nice holiday together!

No comments: