Sunday, February 22, 2009

There's no place like Zion


I had such a great time with my family of orgin in Salt Lake City last weekend. I had almost forgotten how majestic the mountains are in winter, how quirky the Mormon culture is in the valley, and how good the homemade rolls are at the Lion House.

Some highlights of my weekend: Park City for sure, spending time with my adorably blond nephews and exchanging Thomas stickers and candy for their love and affection, reading books without interruption in cozy quilts at my sister's cute house, lots of encouragement and laughs with my mom, brother and sisters, experiencing Cafe Rio for the very first time.

2 comments:

Kage said...

I was a first-time Cafe Rioer last year. My mom ALWAYS talks about the L House rolls..I will have to try those next time...

Jen said...

Yeah, Kage, Lion House is Mormon cuisine at its finest. I had this pork dish with apples that was really yummy. It throws you off because it's cafeteria style, but it is really good!