Sunday, February 22, 2009

Emergency!

We've had two "emergencies" at our home lately that must be recorded for blog posterity.

1. We make the boys use the potty before bedtime, sometimes twice, if they had an accident the night before. Last week, remembering the extra laundry load that day, I made Asher try to use the potty a second time. He yelled to me from the bathroom after his unsuccessful attempt, "It no work, Mama....(referring to his p*nis) I tink its BROKEN!"

2. I was making cornbread in the oven to go with our dinner. The boys were downstairs playing and I had gone upstairs. Pretty soon, I hear Asher shouting, "EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY! Come downstairs....EMERGENCY!" I had never heard Asher use that word so I was especially alarmed. I run down the stairs and Noe (a big fan of the cornbread) was spooning out cornbread from the oven. Luckily, it was basically done and he was very careful not to burn himself or make a mess, but it still scared me.

1 comment:

Beth said...

The oven! Scary! I'm glad he was careful. Cute little cornbread lover.

Asher is classic!