Friday, January 4, 2013

Ten



Double-digits, I can't believe it!  How can I even be old enough to have a ten year old?  Didn't I graduate from high school ten years ago?

You continue to amaze me, baffle me, humble me, and tire me out on a daily basis.  You have the gentlest hugs and kisses, but play the loudest music.  You are constantly in motion, but sleep so hard I have to often carry you up the stairs to your breakfast in the morning.  You still say few words, but your eyes speak volumes.

Your obsessions..... Amy Winehouse's music, iPad games, the ocean.... they are both maddening and endearing.  You pick up new things so quickly now, until I remember how far behind you are compared to your peers.

We had a great day, Noecito.  Your Papi was off of work and he took you and your brother to your favorite moon bounce local.  Later we went to your favorite restaurant, Chipotle, for dinner, so you could eat all of the beans and rice you wanted.  I made birthday cupcakes and Asher helped decorate them.  We ate cupcakes and ice cream after we sang 'Happy Birthday' to you.  You were so happy and blew out your candles through your mouth (versus most years - blowing through your nose!)  You loved being the little celebrity of the day and we loved celebrating you!


No comments: