Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Portland Trip: The Ride Along

This is my brother. Isn't he cute in his police uniform?

One of the best things I did on our trip was tag along with my brother Dave for an early morning ride along. Initially disappointed that we weren't allowed to take free treats from Starbucks (police rules), the day improved dramatically when we busted an alleged prostitution ring run out of a mobile home, complete with drugs and hooker underwear.

It is a funny thing....my dad was always worried about Dave finding his place in the world. Now, barely in his thirties, he has a career that he truly loves and a beautiful family. His sister, 18 months his senior, on the other hand, still can't figure out what she wants to be when she grows up. Maybe my dad should have been more concerned about his overachieving oldest.

No comments: