Monday, June 22, 2009

saturday morning ride

I got out of the house early to ride my bike to work on Saturday. I felt a bit in a riding zone. It was drizzling rain and relatively cool...my preferred riding conditions. The trails were quiet and slushy green from the massive amount of rain over the past few weeks. I pumped my legs hard and felt energy surge through my body. By the end of the first mile, my legs were dotted with mud. I smiled. By mile four I had completely entered a riding euphoria, when I spotted another rider in the distance. From the look of his gear (not to mention his thick, muscle-bound legs), he was definitely a serious rider. He smiled at me. Two biking souls out early to celebrate a rainy weekend morning. We shared an immediate bond, a love of the bike. As we passed, he waved hello....then asked, "Did you know your bike helmet is on backwards?"

damn it....

3 comments:

Elise said...

Hah! This is hysterical! You sure have a knack for creating a good story.

This is Carrie said...

Best biking story ever.

Razzy said...

I know you told me this story on the phone, and I thought it was funny then, but I just love the "damn it" part!