Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Grandma Goes to Washington

Grandma came to see us last week and we had a fun week playing with her.
On Tuesday, we took Grandma to the Mall. The free Mall...as I like to call it. We walked along the Mall grounds and saw all the popular sights. Grandma had not seen the WWII Monument, so we spent some time there. But we spent most of our time at the Natural History Museum, looking at dead animals and rocks and the Hope Diamond and insects. The highlight was the live butterfly exhibit. Asher and I had already visited it, but we were excited to take Grandma.

I pretended that I actually knew what to do with a camera.....

while Grandma, a closet scientist, had fun identifying all the butterflies.


Asher had much more fun with Grandma than with me that day. Grandma knows EVERYTHING about bugs and rocks. Unfortunately, I didn't inherit any of her scientific genes.

Our last stop at the museum was the live aquarium. There was a large aquarium filled with clown fish. A small army of 3-year olds had gathered around, trying to figure out which one was the real Nemo. A little girl next to Asher shouted, "I SEE NEMO!" Asher, having never seen the movie, replied, "No, it's not a NEMO, it's a FISH!" The girl ran to her mom in tears..... We quickly ushered Asher out before the other kids could ascend on him.




No comments: