Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cherry Blossom Festival: Then and Now


When we moved to the DC area in early spring of 2006, one of our first outings was the Cherry Blossom Festival at the Tidal Basin. The picture above says a lot about our life then..... no one is looking at the camera, no one knows exactly what is going on, lots of forced grins by Mom and Dad.

I can't deny it....life is much easier and ordered six years later....

with two happy boys.


It was a magical morning. The blooms were at their peak, the weather was gorgeous, and we were there early enough in the morning to practically have the place to ourselves. We took our time through the Jefferson and FDR Memorials, enjoying the view from all angles (including the angles involving hanging from trees).


1 comment:

Ami said...

I love looking at the picture in this post. I check back a lot to see if you have updated. Every time I see the first picture, I have to scroll down to see the boys grow. I remember the first time I glanced at the one w/ Ed and the boys and I did a double take cause they were so small!!! I don't know why, but this has been one of my favorite posts you have done. :)