Thursday, November 26, 2009

early thanksgiving morning

I am up early to finish cooking and get the big bird in the oven. Asher is with me. Noe and Ed sleep soundly. I am enjoying the early morning calm, the fog that lurks outside our living room windows. I told Asher that today was Thanksgiving and I asked him what he was thankful for. Trains and toys and Noe. I think he added that last one for me. We're working on it. Later today I will take him to help with a local food drive. I don't think his little self can really understand what it would be like to have an empty refrigerator and cupboards. And honestly, I don't think I fully understand either.

Here are a few things I am grateful for this year:

-Noe's new ABA-VB program and the rapid progress he has made in it. Communication with your child is a beautiful, beautiful thing.
-the stellar teachers and therapists both Noe and Asher have this year....do they ever have to leave us?
-my cute little house and its new cute little interest rate (4.85% - will we ever move? Probably, but I'll enjoy it for now)
-Ed's continued employment in an extremely volatile industry
-that our country is headed by a strong, smart and virtuous leader
-the town we live in and its strong and diverse community and having everything I need within walking/biking distance
-health insurance...may we soon never have to fear being without it
-the loving embrace of extended family...even if they're a coast away
-books and podcasts and good tv.....things that distract me from Noe's therapies and Ed's work schedule... both which keep me at home... alone.... more than I would like right now
-exercise, my natural prozac
-a steady and loving husband

What are you thankful for this year?

No comments: