Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August 26, 2014

One week until the first day of school.  Hurray!  I've been looking longingly at the boys' new backpacks hanging up in their closet every day for the past month.

This morning Asher and I biked down to Green Lake so he could attend soccer camp on the pristine green soccer fields next to the lake.  Then I came home and worked remotely while Ed took care of Noe.  At noon I picked Asher up from camp by bike and we stopped at the library to collect more books and drop off others before heading home.

We all ate a quick lunch together, and then headed out to Mercer Island to play at the Adventure Playground.  This is essentially a forest where kids have access to all kinds of building materials and can build, construct, imagine, and explore.  The kids had a great time playing and pounding nails all afternoon!  On our way home, we stopped by a home in the Wallingford neighborhood that hosts a year-round 'soccer shoe bank' on their side patio.  We found some cleats that don't pinch Asher's feet and I will add his old shoes to the bank next time I am in the neighborhood again.

After a seafood dinner, Ed took the boys for a walk down to the lake while I worked on getting ready for some upcoming Lego robotics classes.  I enjoyed the cool breeze coming in through the windows and the rare silence in the house while I worked.  There is just a hint of fall in the evening air and we haven't seen any real rain in weeks.  Such a beautiful time of year here in the PNW!

Before bed, I worked with Noe on his literacy skills and using his communication device.  When I told him we were finished for the evening, he requested to continue working.  This doesn't happen very often and he probably just wanted an opportunity to earn more fruit snack rewards, but I'll take it as a win.  Now Ed and I are settling down to finish our 'Mad Men' marathon.   Just a few more days before the Seahawks officially open their season, so I'll try and enjoy these last couple of evenings together.

#LovingtheSeattleLife

No comments: